The complete Spearhead Guidebook Set includes the Spearhead Backcountry Atlas and the Spearhead Traverse Field Guide.
FREE SHIPPING for all Canadian orders that include this product.
The Spearhead Backcountry Atlas is a comprehensive photographic guide to terrain in the Whistler Blackcomb backcountry, an area that offers an incredible effort-to-reward ratio for both day trips and multi-day traverses. The atlas covers all areas of the Spearhead in extensive detail using images, maps and route descriptions. Epic tours, classic runs and steep descents in every corner of the range are presented in an innovative, user-friendly format that will allow groups to familiarize themselves with travel options prior to visiting the area.
- Comprehensive photographic guide to ski and splitboard terrain in the Whistler backcountry, one of Canada’s most popular and most accessible touring destinations.
- Covers all areas of the Spearhead Range in extensive detail.
- Provides comprehensive detail for planning trips to the Whistler backcountry (click for an example of this information)
- 59 terrain maps, 245 terrain photos, 101 touring images, detailed route descriptions.
- Epic tours, classic runs and steep descents in every corner of the range.
- 6.5 x 9 inches, 248 pages.
- Innovative, user-friendly format.
- Intended to help groups to familiarize themselves with travel options before visiting the area.
The Spearhead Traverse Field Guide is a comprehensive photographic guide to one of North America’s premier mountain adventures.
Unquestionably one of the classic tours of the South Coast, the Spearhead Traverse is a spectacular route linking the Blackcomb and Whistler ski resorts via a horseshoe of glacier-clad alpine terrain. The traverse connects 11 glaciers while weaving around 17 peaks.
Learn more (link): Spearhead Traverse Online Guide
The Spearhead Traverse Field Guide covers the traverse in extensive detail using images, maps and route descriptions in an innovative, user-friendly format that will allow groups to familiarize themselves with the terrain prior to embarking on their journey.
The Spearhead Traverse Field Guide is lightweight (~90 grams) and suitable for carrying during the traverse. The book is 9 x 6.5 inches and 32 pages. The Field Guide is an excerpt from Spearhead Backcountry Atlas.