SPEARHEAD BACKCOUNTRY ATLAS
About the Atlas
- Comprehensive photographic guide to terrain in the Whistler Blackcomb backcountry, one of Canada’s most popular and most accessible touring destinations.
- Covers all areas of the Spearhead in extensive detail.
- 59 terrain maps, 245 terrain photos, 101 touring images, detailed route descriptions.
- Epic tours, classic runs and steep descents in every corner of the range.
- 6.5 x 9 inches, 248 pages.
- Innovative, user-friendly format.
- Intended to help groups to familiarize themselves with travel options before visiting the area.
Now Shipping within Canada
Pick Up Available in Squamish or Whistler
The Spearhead Backcountry Atlas is in stock for online purchase. Shipping is available within Canada. Alternatively, buy the atlas on this website and pick up the Atlas from Whistler Escape Route or Squamish Escape Route within 1-2 business days.
The atlas divides the Spearhead area into 14 zones.
Favorite descents, classic tours, summit ascents and strategies are described for each zone.
Access & Exit
Each zone includes detailed access and exit descriptions, maps and route photos.
Ascents & Descents
Detailed topographic route maps and descriptions are included for each zone.
Every ascent and descent is depicted in high quality route photos.
A specific section of the atlas covers the Spearhead Traverse.
Detailed maps, route descriptions and terrain photos depict every section of the traverse.